Friday, July 24, 2009

Dave Tate

Dave Tate is one of the most accomplished powerlifters and strength coaches in America. He has written over 100 articles for strength and conditioning websites and magazines and currently has two books out, Under the Bar and Raising the Bar. He holds Elite status in powerlifting (in three weight classes) with best lifts of a 935 squat, 740 deadlift, 610 bench press and 2,205 total... AND he is the founder and CEO or Elite Fitness Systems ... somebody that I value what he says about training, how he approaches it and life, how he runs his business, and give him the utmost meathead respect... I would give him an engraved barbell with his name on it covered in chalk dust if I could afford it, kind of thing, ya know?

"I finally came into focus, though. I started to think, if I'm going to diet, how am I going to keep the muscle I have? Because I'm still a meathead, you know?
You start to ask yourself questions. Do I really need to be 245 pounds, or should I just go down and be like a normal person?
Well, fuck being normal. I can't do that. It's just not going to happen. My whole life has been about getting strong or getting jacked. That's it. I don't give a shit if I can jump on a box, run a 40, do a chin-up, do a push-up. I don't fucking care. All I care about is getting strong and adding muscle." -Dave Tate







I've said it before, I'm trying to make as many useful connections as possible to make myself a stronger lifter and a better coach.

No comments:

 
Custom Search